Buridi Buridi
It was the time when I was wandering in Hyderabad after my Btech. I came to Hyderabad few days before and was not sure what to do, which course (technical Java/.net/testing/dataware housing) to join in. For the time being I was accommodated temporarily at the hostel in S.R.Nagar where two of my Btech friends are staying. They were in Hyderabad from few months and their day has been scheduled tightly with different courses and primarily on JAVA technologies.
I had got 10,000 Rupees with me for expenses like course fee and accommodation. As I don’t have any savings account wasn’t even aware of the debit card facility. So I was carrying the amount in my pocket. For two days I went around some of the institutes in Ameerpet (Mythrivanam) and collected information on different courses, course duration, fee structure and the topics covered in the course. I also enrolled myself to few demo classes. Still I wasn’t sure enough on which course to join in. The third day after breakfast we three of them spend some time chatting in room and then one left for his classes followed by other. By 11:00AM I was left alone in the room.
Then I though instead of staying idle I can visit my school friend who is staying at the nearby area vengalraonagar in a flat. He was staying with his BE friends and was working at an MNC and his shift starts from 5:00PM.So I thought I could spend some time at his place. It was around 15-20 Minutes (on foot) away from where I was staying. The way from the hostel was I need to pass through two lanes from Hostel, and then I will be in to the lane in S.R.Nagar where there were some educational institutes. It was straight road and once I pass it through and take a left turn I will be on to Main road, where I need to cross on to the other side of the signals and from there it would be five to ten minutes to reach the flat.
Once decided I was out of the hostel and passed through two lanes. While I was in the lane of educational institutes, I went in to a telephone booth and give a call to my friend and checked whether he is at his room, and if I can come over to visit him. I called him he was at his flat and said that I can come over. I ended the call paid the bill and was on my way to his room. I walked few meters from the telephone booth, and then suddenly two unknown person’s one from left and other from right came by and surprised or shocked me. They caught me (I.e. I was unable to move on my own). I had a look at them and they were big in terms of physic and appearance. The moment they approached me they started asking me to whom I called to which girl I called what was I doing in the booth and some other questions , all these was happening while they were moving me, they kept me moving from the moment they caught me and they were not letting me stay at one place.
The first thought that came to me was actually nothing. I was terrified, scared and petrified. I had no idea what was happening. Then automatically without my knowledge my hands went on to my right front pocket of my jeans and was covering the pocket and holding it tightly. They observed that and from the phone topic they diverted there question by asking what was in my pocket that I was hiding and were trying to take my hands off from the pocket which I was holding. Now I got my conscious back and was able to retrieve that my right pocket contains 10,000 Rupees cash I.e. Twenty 500 notes which I was covering. I looked around and it was in a broad day light and people were around there watching these for few minutes. So then I started shouting at the people hey look at this they are trying to do something please help me help me. No one responded as if they were watching some silent movie. While all these was happening these guys were still moving me and not letting me move on my own, and as I can see no one around there was coming forward to do anything I was little bit more scared than before, but still holding on to my right pocket and trying to free myself from there custody with no result.
The kept me moving for few more meters and then we were in front of four wheeler vehicle with black glasses. Suddenly they let me go free and were pointing to the vehicle asking me to look inside. At first glance I was not able to see through what was there inside the vehicle but after few moments a video camera was visible to me. Then finally they brought me somewhat closer to the camera and told me it’s for a TV program. The moment I had seen the camera and they told me it’s for a TV show I think I was somewhat relived and was leaving the place immediately. Then one of the men shouted it’s for Zee Telugu channel and the program name is Buridi Buridi (which means disguise) which will be aired on Wednesday. I heard that but I don’t know why may be I was embarrassed I was quickly moving away from that scene looking around the people and looking back at the scene.
After ten minutes of walk I reached my friends building and was going up through the stair case, where I saw my friend waiting outside his flat. May be I was still in some kind of shock, because by looking at me he asked what happened, is something wrong? I leaned on the steps and narrated him of what happened after I ended his call. After I am done he went inside his flat brought a bottle of chilled water and offered it to me. I had few sips after which I felt somewhat relaxed.
In the evening I told about this incident to my friends in room where two other guys were there in room. One of them said hey Kranthi you should have been serious to them instead of just letting yourself away from the scene. You should have asked what they were doing by just blocking your way and filming it. Back home when I was watching same kind of programs (BAKRA) on Television and someone was made the bakra, I also used to feel the same way as these other guy told, that to question them and ask seriously what they were doing by just making fun. But truly when I faced it in real I was more than happy to be let go off after few minutes of disguise. If we look back at it they planned it well because they watched be from the moment I went in to the phone booth, surprised me by blocking me from both sides and then haven’t kept me idle physically or mentally by moving me continuously even if I confronted them and by asking different questions.
For two weeks we checked TV on Wednesday’s for this program. One week this program wasn’t aired and the other week it was aired but this incident was not shown. After two weeks I heard from my brother that one of his friends back home told him that he has seen me on TV. Few months later in our friend’s room I met my Btech friend from other branch. He also told me that he has watched me in that episode. I asked him how it was to which he replied you were looking ok not that bad and not too terrified!!!!
I remember you told me about this thing when it happened...nice write up....When something like this happens, I am sure most of them will be in a state of shock...
ReplyDeleteYes YVK you got it.. that happened when I was staying @ that HOSTEL.with you and ABDUL..
Deletethanks for your comments.
Kranthi, are you trying to post One per year?
ReplyDeleteHi Srikanth, NO I am not trying to post One per year!!It just happened...
DeleteHopefully that Jinx will be broken this year...
These things are very enjoyable to watch in tv. But , hard to take it in real. Anyone can felt embarrassed at that time. It was ur turn, that’s it. 10,000 rupees in ur pocket turned the situation more horrible for you. And its unacceptable that people not responded to the situation(In case, they were unknown about the tv show)
ReplyDeleteSimply ,a good one to read, Its good to hear as u r going to write more blogs. Make some time for them... All the best... kranthi:)
Thanks Dayan for your comments!!!
DeleteBY -- abdul khadir abdullah abdulkhadir.a@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteyou have become a good blogger....keep writing.....i wish to watch this episode and see your feelings...
BY---satish satishk4u@gmail.com
I already read this post last week..Very nice post and it was really a funny incident ...Actually i was searching for that buridi episode in youtube...but i could not get it..
Keep posting!!!
hi kranthi..hw r u doing ?
ReplyDeleteI am gud Satish..How abt u?
Deletewell written kranthi.
ReplyDeleteThank you Rajesh!!
Delete